Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs: #15 A Thankful Heart


"THEME

This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.

Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!"


My theme:

1. My Lord, Jesus Christ- through him I am saved
2. My Husband- He is the most wonderful man in all the world (To me he is). He works hard for his family and makes time for the children everyday to tell them stories. :D
3. Big T- My oldest....he has been such a joy to watch, to see him grow up and learn new things
4. Sweet E- my little princess....the one who loves all things pink.....she is such a wonderful little girl to have around. it is so much fun to watch her play mom. :-)
5. Little E- Mr. Independent......also known as Curious George.....always keeping me on my toes. :-)
6. Family- They have been with me through all things
7. My Sissy- We have had our rough times, but she is always there for me.....she's definitely a blessing. :D
8. House- and opportunity to make a home for my family where we can have friends for dinner, hang art projects on the wall and have homeschool. :-D
9. Cinnamon and Clove candles- LOVE that smell this time of year
10. Dark Chocolate- Need I say more. :-)
11. Mocha- I can't drink coffee black, but add chocolate....it's great.
12. My Mill- it's a blessing to be able to grind fresh wheat flour for bread.
13. Homeschool Mamas- all of the mamas I have met in real life and on the internet...such a wonderful support group. :D
14. Miss Ginny- for keeping me on my toes and not being afraid to tell me when I miss something with the children. Thanks! Oh...and can always make me smile.
15. Brothers and Sisters in Christ- they are such a wonderful support group that without them.....I don't know how we would get through the rough spots that we have. :D
16. Pizza- especially homemade since the children and I make it together. AND it's better than any takeout. :-)
17. Shea Butter Lotion
18. Construction paper- without it....what would school crafts be. :D
19. Vinyl Tablecloths- Without them...my dinning room table would be ruined.
20. Water- not only do our bodies need it, but water helps with science projects of all kinds, whether it is a volcano, making ice, mixing with food coloring....it is used in many, many ways. :D
21. Pets- They are a joy to have around, but my oldest is also learning responsibility by taking care of their food and water.
22. Digital Cameras- this way we don't waste film by printing pics that didn't come out right. And...so I can take 4 times as many pictures than needed. :D
23. Internet- so I can keep in contact with friends and family, and so I can do TONS of research for school projects.
24. Snow- not only is it my last name, but it helps brighten any winter day!
25. Sweaters- Nothing like a warm cozy sweater and a mocha on a cold winter day.
26. Coloring Books- Their not just for children...it's great "therapy" for a stressful day. :D
27. These Memoirs- It's fun to learn about others. :-)

Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

1 comment:

KarenW said...

Great list! I like coloring books too. Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!